Kazkommerts Securities (KS) is a specialised investment company founded in 1997 by Kazkommertsbank, which is the largest private bank in Kazakhstan. KS is a leading
investment company in the Central Asian region and is the only company providing a full range of financial services to potential investors.
The professional team of Kazkommerts Securities was the first to start its activities in the Kazakhstan securities market and soon became the largest broker in the
KS provides investment banking services, including:
* Brokerage services, offering the most popular shares of the Central Asian securities market and government securities.
* Investment advisory services covering the matters of issues and placements of securities.
* In the corporate finance area - advising clients on the entire spectrum of M&A and restructuring activities including negotiations with local government and
shareholders, preparation of documents in compliance with the local and international requirements, evaluation of financial sources and syndicated project financing. We are active participants in the Kazakhstan
government’s "blue chip" privatisation program, which aims to attract the interest of foreign investors to the most promising local oil, gas and non-ferrous metals companies.
* KS is the only company in Kazakhstan producing regular research publications on companies, industries, and the national economy in English. We also issue the
Kazakhstan Weekly Fax - a regular update of economic, political and financial information.
We strongly believe that professional personnel is key to our success. Kazkommerts Securities is proud of the fact that our staff was primarily formed from the
experienced specialists and analysts of Global Kazkommerts Securities (GKS), a company that proved to be very efficient in a number of projects, such as:
- GKS acted as a consultant to the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the sale of a 40% state share package in Kazakhtelecom, a major telecom company in
Kazakhstan, to the Daewoo Corporation (Korea). The volume of the deal exceeded USD 1 bln;
- GKS participated in the placement of the first issue of Kazakhstani Eurobonds;
- GKS participated in the placement of Kazakhstani securities on foreign markets (ADRs of Kazkommertsbank).
In 1998 KS will publish the following research reports:
- Kazakhstan Economic Review
- Kazakhstan Political Guide
- Kazakhstan Investmenst Guide
- Oil and Gas in Kazakhstan
- Energy Sector Engineering
- Finance Sector in Kazakhstan
- Metals Industry in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan’s Capital Markets
- Analysis of selected companies (such as Kazakmys, Kazakhtelecom, Kazchrome, Kazatomprom, MangistauMunaiGas, TengizMunaiGas, Ust-Kamenogorsk Titanium and Magnesium Plant,
AktobeMunaiGas, Shymkent Oil Refinery, etc.)
Key people: Aidan Karibjanov, Managing Director Iskander Erimbetov, Director of Trading and Sales Nicolay Varenco, Director of Corporate Finance Madina Dushimova,